To increase the global coverage area and to build a unique network of logistic services for clinical trials, SMO began operations in Tbilisi in the heart of Georgia in March, 2017. It provides services for Clinical Trials in line with Global and local legislative requirements.
Operations started in December 2016, providing the full range of services for Clinical Trials keeping in line with Global and local legislative requirements. 2013 was a groundbreaking year for the clinical trials industry in Georgia that highlighted the extensive changes in healthcare legislation.
Managing Director: Tamar Bolkvadze
Georgia country information
Over recent times, Georgia has become one of the most developed countries for conducting clinical trials and is now recognized on a worldwide level. Despite its short history in this market (officially the first multinational clinical trials were registered in 1994) the last few years have seen a sharp increase in new study start-ups. Since 2013, when ground breaking changes in healthcare legislation was introduced, major sponsors have been selecting Georgia to conduct their trials.
Local reforms in various areas have contributed to a globally comparable level of site equipment, high industry activity level, insurance and a good investment climate.
SMO Georgia staff are highly knowledgeable about the local market’s specific advantages.
Excellent reasons to choose Georgia as a location for your clinical trials:
- Fast growing number of sites;
- Favourable legislation and unification with EU standards. The necessary permissions for Study Approval from the relevant authorities in Georgia will typically take 4 weeks.
- Presence of well-known global CRO companies;
- Highly experienced and qualified, self-motivated physicians.
- Implementation of the highest operational standards in the healthcare industry.